- Our community raised $146.96 for our Pennies for Peace Campaign.
- Many area families were able to have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner.
- Our families contributed so generously to our staff holiday fund that each CMA staff and team member received a $100.00 gift card to Target.
- Our fundraising and development efforts have been very successful due to your participation.
- Our classrooms received wonderful gifts form you and your children during today's gift ceremony.
Friday, December 17, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
The purpose and aim of the works in the sensorial area is for the child to acquire clear, conscious, information and to be able to then make classifications with the work and the material. This work does not just produce a built tower or organized color pattern, but also produces in the child a way of thinking, a system for organizing information and classifying new learning.
This work is more important for young children than ever. The amount of new information that comes to children in this day and age is much more than previous generations experienced. Children who have developed a system of thinking, organizing and clarifying information will be much better suited to the navigation of unending information streams and determining how to organize and classify all that they experience.